• Dream, Believe and Achieve


    At the start of each year, I like to make a wish list – Just a bullet point document listing places I want to go, things I want to do (professionally and personally) and items I think I need. Sort of like setting goals for the year. Something to get you motivated, something to make you hungry, something to work towards.



    It’s the 2nd week of 2012 and my list isn’t ready. I’m going to put it down to the fact that I haven’t had a proper break over the festive season – That’s scheduled for next week :) 


    I also know that later this year I’ll be shooting a wedding in New Zealand, with a stopover in the States, so I’ve sort of stopped thinking anything else needs to be taken care of - In terms of holidays that is.  Silly really – 2 or 3 international trips per year aren’t unheard of? 


    I’m giving myself a break, so my list of goals will only be ready in February this year. I’ve also decided that if I cant clearly define each bullet item – in writing, well, then perhaps its not really something that should be on the list. I spotted the Taj Mahal on my list of places to see. Why? I have no idea. It looks like a great place to take a photograph. Other than that, I have no clue. None. So I’m taking it off the list.


    I visited Thailand in 2009 and I want to go back soon – Since I can define what I’d like to experience, its allowed on my list. This is how a day from that holiday will start...


    It’s 6 am. I’m on vacation and I’m awake. Why does that always happen? I’m going to let it slide. We’re in Thailand.  Loy Kratong  celebrations begin today, why waste another second sleeping.

    Khan, The taxi driver I met outside our hotel yesterday guaranteed that he’d be waiting to take us to a traditional temple. Not the big Buddha with a million tourists, but a quiet, off the beaten track Thai temple. A place to sit quietly and just give thanks before heading off on the days excursion. It’s been an amazing year and there is plenty to be thankful for.

    Dream It. Believe It. Achieve It.  Drop me a line if you have a recommendation for my list :)





     

    Connect With Me

    Thanks to Social Media, as I update this page, you can be notified by following me on Facebook, get my updates on Twitter or you can drop me a line at info@darrenbester.co.za

    Experience

    Being photographed should be fun, otherwise why do it? I do my utmost to make sure you're comfortable and the experience is enjoyable.

    About Me

    Cape Towns biggest fan, lover of photography, travel, television and good food. By good, I mean well done ;)