• Old Mac Daddy


    Very special friends of mine got married in Elgin this weekend.  I'd always wanted to stay at the Old Mac Daddy trailer park in Elgin (It was on my To Do list), so when they announced that they'd be getting married minutes from there at a farm called South Hill, I knew it was a sign and booked a trailer for the weekend.

    Wow.  It's awesome.  Trust me.  Such an amazing, peaceful break only about an hour outside of Cape Town.  I literally felt as though I'd landed in CANADA and was staying in the woods.  Not that I know what Canada looks like, but in my mind when I imagine it - It's what Elgin looks and feels like.

    No television in the trailer - there is complete silence.  Its almost unreal, the quiet.  Amazing.  Do yourself a favour, if you've never been, book yourself in ASAP.

    Yup, a great idea.  I know.  You're welcome :p

    I also felt as though I were in detail heaven and ended up taking about 1 000 photographs this weekend (Some were of the wedding, some were of a baby bump, but very many were of Old Mac Daddy.)

    I must give a shout out to Ashton to say thank you, because she is always very patient and supportive, even when it takes 20 minutes extra to dish up breakfast because I want to take photo's, or I disappear for an hour because I think I may need to get that shot again, or I stop the car and go, that's an amazing tree, I have to have a picture - I can be painful like that - But she gets it, and I appreciate it :)


































     

    Connect With Me

    Thanks to Social Media, as I update this page, you can be notified by following me on Facebook, get my updates on Twitter or you can drop me a line at info@darrenbester.co.za

    Experience

    Being photographed should be fun, otherwise why do it? I do my utmost to make sure you're comfortable and the experience is enjoyable.

    About Me

    Cape Towns biggest fan, lover of photography, travel, television and good food. By good, I mean well done ;)