• Kung Hei Fat Choy!



    If the internet is to be believed, translated, it means “'congratulations and be prosperous”. That’s a fitting wish since in the Chinese zodiac, 2012 is the year of the Dragon – a symbol signifying success and happiness. Celebrated this year for 15 days from the 23rd of January, we decided to have our own Chinese inspired celebration.

    We shot off to the Chinese supermarket (Shop 68, Value Centre, N1 City – I think it was), to purchase some supplies. They open at 09h30 and we arrived at 09h00. To kill some time, we headed to China Town – I was adamant that there had to be a huge dragon somewhere, just sitting, waiting to be bought. I was wrong. I spotted nothing even slightly dragon related, so settled on Chinese Lanterns.

    Back to the store, the menu was decided on and key ingredients purchased.

    Chicken Wontons for starters - Amazing. Credit must be given to Ashton – She did well and could take on Beluga's version of the dish – If you haven’t tried them, you should.  My attempt at mains was less than inspired. I didn’t really like it. That said, I could probably work at one of any many Chinese take-away shops, since I don’t like their versions of the dish either ;)

    Fortune cookies for dessert of course and to complete the festivities there were sparklers. All in all, a success I think.

    Ps) If it doesn’t say Coca-Cola, it isn’t.
















     

    Connect With Me

    Thanks to Social Media, as I update this page, you can be notified by following me on Facebook, get my updates on Twitter or you can drop me a line at info@darrenbester.co.za

    Experience

    Being photographed should be fun, otherwise why do it? I do my utmost to make sure you're comfortable and the experience is enjoyable.

    About Me

    Cape Towns biggest fan, lover of photography, travel, television and good food. By good, I mean well done ;)