• Cape Town You Beauty


    This weekend, with some time on our hands, we drove through to Simonstown and surrounds to take in some of Cape Town's natural beauty.

    Whether its the fish market at Kalk Bay, the boats in the harbour or the seals relaxing on the steps of the pier, the sights and sounds dont disappoint.  Not even in the rain.

    We drove on out to Fish Hoek beach - I am fascinated by sharks.  Petrified, but fascinated.

    I had just been reading about one of the Great White attacks on the beach, just beyond the breakers - A 40-Odd year old man was out for his daily swim when a Great White attacked.  The flags were out that fateful day stating the water visibiltiy was poor so the shark spotters couldnt see if there was anything dangerous nearby.  The flag was up as we walked the beach - people were in the water anyway.  Its strange to comprehend that one of the waters deadliest creatures could be lurking so close by.

    We stopped in SimonsTown for a bite to eat at "The Meeting Place" before finishing our day trip with a drive along Chapmans Peak.

    Cape Town you beauty.


     

    Connect With Me

    Thanks to Social Media, as I update this page, you can be notified by following me on Facebook, get my updates on Twitter or you can drop me a line at info@darrenbester.co.za

    Experience

    Being photographed should be fun, otherwise why do it? I do my utmost to make sure you're comfortable and the experience is enjoyable.

    About Me

    Cape Towns biggest fan, lover of photography, travel, television and good food. By good, I mean well done ;)